Are you stuck in a low frame rate (FPS) while playing Overwatch? Are your gaming sessions frequently being interrupted because of lagging or stuttering lag spikes? Well, if the answer to any of these questions is yes, then it’s time to do something about it. Through this post, we’ll provide you with a complete guide on troubleshooting techniques that will restore your Overwatch FPS drops in no time & help explore an enhanced gaming experience. So don’t give up yet, as there are many simple tricks that when combined can make all the difference in getting past those pesky low fps issues.
Quick Resolvers For You
When it comes to resolving technical glitches, there are a few tricks that every other person tries once. Thinking of it, it will resolve their problem. But actually, it just worked out for a while, but it won’t work for too long if the cause of the issue is major. Let’s check what these quick resolvers that you may have performed too are.
- Restarting system
- Reinstalling the game
- Refreshing the internet connection
- Restarting game
If you have encountered ‘Overwatch FPS drops’ but have not been able to make it appropriately resolved, then don’t worry, as the following section is waiting for you with permanent fixes to this lagging issue.
5 Surefire Ways To Get Rid of Overwatch FPS Drops
Here are the top 5 fixes presented by our top experts. The following methods are specifically discovered to troubleshoot the Overwatch FPS drop. Based on our expert tests and pro gamers’ advice. Thus, these ways will definitely help you to eliminate the issue of FPS drop in Overwatch and even in other similar games as well, such as the world of warcraft.
1. Optimize The Power Management of Your Device
What if we say your system is having problems with the smooth running of the game? Well, this is true. Your power management system is restricting the game from loading thoroughly. Thus, you will need to change it. Here’s how to do it.
- Type ‘Powercfg. cpl’ in run windows to trigger the power settings tab in your PC.
- Here, another screen opens in front of you. Now, you can locate the power settings drop-down menu.
- Select here the high-performance option so that your computer can run at a smoother pace.
After doing the above steps, you will find that the game has started running with smoothness. Thus, you can enjoy the seamless experience of the 3D virtual world.
2. Optimize Graphic Card settings
Adjusting newer graphic card settings can help you to unlock a higher frame rate. High-end graphic card settings will allow you to have a smooth gaming experience. If you have an NVIDIA graphics card in your device, then this method will be very easy and efficient. Let’s check how you can change the settings.
- Right-click on your desktop.
- Click the NVIDIA control panel and let another screen open.
- Locate and click the option manage 3D settings
- Click program settings under this; you can see Overwatch 2, and select it.
If you are confused about what type of setting will be the best Overwatch FPS settings that you need to maintain, then the following section is for you. You just need to adjust your settings as follows.
- Power Management: Prefer Maximum Performance.
- Threaded Optimization: On
- Texture Filtering: Quality: Performance
- Monitor Tech: G-Sync
- Maximum Pre-rendered frames: 2
3. Microsoft Device Association Root Deactivation
This method is a bit tricky, but it works with a hundred percent surety. Thus, you must try this method if every other way fails. In this method, you again need to shuffle some changes in the Microsoft settings. However, changing association root settings can help you to minimize the brunt that Overwatch is giving to your CPU. Let’s see how one can perform so.
- Open the device manager by typing ‘devmgmt .msc’ in the run command, and clicking enter.
- Now, get into the software menu.
- Here, locate ‘ Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator.’ and right-click on it.
- Now, disable the settings.
4. Battle.net Launcher
This method is only helpful if you use the battle.net launcher for your games. If you don’t use battle.net, you can skip this method and get on to the other below-written method. Let’s see how you can limit the thread from battle.net.
- Launcher Battle.net launcher app.
- Click on the Overwatch 2 tab.
- Now, tap on the settings option, and you can locate a little gear icon beside the play icon.
- Now, get into the game settings and click Overwatch 2.
- Locate the “Additional command line arguments” box.
- And type “-threads 2” in the box.
- Tap Done to end the process ultimately.
This way, you can manage to increase the frame rate in your game and have fixed the issue of Overwatch FPS drops. If you are still unable to do so, then you can jump on to the other method.
5. Use Third Party Software: FPS Unlocker
The last and the ultimate troubleshooter for the Overwatch FPS drop. Well, it is third-party software that can assist you in increasing your frame rate dramatically at any point in the game. This software is specially designed to elevate the overall performance of any 3d game and also can help you to perform an OBS FPS drop fix. However, this software is known as an FPS unlocker. You can download it from its official site. The best part of using this software is that you can elevate the frame rate even if it is already too good. Most pro gamers use this software to increase the level of smoothness and difficulty. Here, in the following section, let’s check what we can do to download it.
- Download FPS Unlocker from its official site. Make sure you download the latest version.
- Complete the installation process of the software by following screen wizards.
- Launch your game and start playing it.
- Press Shift + F5 to overlay the software in between your game. Now, select the frame rate you want.
Only a pro gamer can understand the pain of having frame rate drops in 3d games. We understood and resolved it too. However, if you were also troubled with Overwatch FPS drops, then you can eradicate your troubles with our top 5 permanent fixes. This technique will surely help you out of the problem. However, if you still have any queries or suggestions in your head, then you can connect us any time.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. How to boost bad FPS in Overwatch?
If you have bad FPS, too, then you must try to resolve it by upgrading your system’s configurations. You must delete temporary files from your system and end all the background running software.
Q2. How to get more FPS in Overwatch?
If you want to boost your FPS artificially in the game, then you just try third-party software for it. You can use FPS unlocker for ut as it is the most trusted and tested software for boosting FPS in any 3d game.
Q3. Why did my FPS decrease all of a sudden?
There can be various reasons responsible for decreasing framer per second in the game. Let’s check them all in the below pointers.
- Bad internet connection
- Bad ISP
- Non-compatible graphic card
- Different system configuration
- Default higher resolution in-game settings
Q4. Why is my FPS limited to 60 Overwatch?
This can happen because of inappropriate game settings and default system settings. Changing these settings can also help you to prevent stutterings, crashing, and FPS drops while gaming. Well, change this setting and unlock your desired FPS.